Winter Ales ticket sales strong
Wellington's Winter Ales Festival ticket sales have reached more than 70% of the PledgeMe campaign target as of this morning. Tickets went on sale on Thursday and so far more than 280 beer fans have reserved their spot at the event. Tickets, merch, and lunch/festival packages are available here. Winter Ales Festival will be held at the Hunter Lounge, Kelburn, on Saturday 22 July.
Events this week
British Beer Week - 5-11 June, Volstead, 55 Riccarton Rd, Christchurch. What better day to kick British Beer Week than Queens Birthday! All week we have Three Taps of the best Britsh beer we can get our hands on, shipped chilled from the UK! Complemented with our own local take on some British classics!
Lagunitas tap takeover - 7pm today, Malthouse, 48 Courtenay Place, Wellington. We have a mini Lagunitas Brewing Co tap takeover this Tuesday! Malthouse is lucky enough to have on tap Lagunitas Pilsner and Little Sumpin alongside the super popular and delicious IPA. They may be the only kegs in the country.....
NRT: Beer Baroness BA Miss Van Der Bier - 5pm today, Hashigo Zake, 25 Taranaki St, Wellington.
Beer Tasting The Final Edition - 9.30 Wednesday 7 June, The Hop House, 297 Maunganui Rd, Mt Maunganui, Tauranga. Over the last couple of years, The Hop House has hosted some amazing tastings from Meet the Brewer nights to Rare Beers of the World. Unfortunately, the curtain is about to come down for the very last time on Saturday 17th June so we thought we would put together ONE LAST TASTING event here in The Mount.
Behemoth Tap Takeover - Thursday 8 June, Twisted Hop, 616 Ferry Rd, Christchurch.
Canterbury Pale Ale Release + Meet The Brewers - 6pm Thursday 8 June, Pomeroy's, Kilmore St, Christchurch. The Good Beer Collective are proud to present the release of our very first Collaboration Brew... Canterbury Pale Ale!
8 Wired Re-Release Tap Takeover - Friday 9 June, Malthouse, 48 Courtenay Place, Wellington. We're hosting the re-launch of 8 WIRED BREWING's Rewired Brown Ale (its first ever beer to go on tap!), West Island Pale Ale and Farmhouse Pale Ale
Lagunitas NZ Launch - Friday 9 June, Brothers Beer, 90 Wellesley St West, Auckland
Behemoth 4th Birthday and Burgers - Friday 9 June, Punky Brewster, 22B Tyne St, Christchurch.
Winner Winner: A chance to try the world's best beer and cider - 5.50pm Friday 9 June, Galbraiths, 2 Mt Eden Road, Auckland.
Auckland Beer Week
Auckland Beer Week - 10-18 June, various venues, Auckland. See website for info and full listing of events. Here's some examples to get you excited:
- Beer Without Borders Greatest Hits – 7pm Tuesday 13th June, Brothers Beer, City Works Depot, Auckland. Beer Without Borders has now reached 7 years experience in importing some of the finest beers from the USA and around the world, and to celebrate during Auckland Beer Week, they've put together a bunch of their favourite beers to taste along with you at Brothers Beer. Come along and find out what beers they reach for first! Price - $40 available over the bar or fromwww.BrothersBeer.co.nz
- Barrel Aged Beer Masterclass – 7pm Wednesday 14th June, Lovebucket, 309 K Road, Auckland. K Road's Lovebucket have teamed up with Beer Without Borders to take a look at some of the best barrel aged beers available in New Zealand, and discuss what about barrel ageing beers makes them so special. This guided tasting includes beers aged in 6 different types of barrel, and the beers come from the following breweries: Almanac (USA), Coronado (USA), Moon Dog (Aus), Mikkeller (Denmark), Brouwerij De Molen (Holland) and Gigantic Brewing (USA).Price - $35 available over the bar or fromwww.CultBeerStore.co.nz
- Dark Beer and Oysters v2.0 – noon Thursday 15th June, Lumsden Freehouse, Newmarket, Auckland. After last years sell out early in the evening, The Lumsden and Beer Without Borders team up again to bring you the best food and drink match known to humanity - Dark Beer and Oysters! On tap will be a selection of dark malt driven magic, and oysters available by the 1/2 or full dozen. Get in early because those heroes in a half shell will sell out quickly!
- Laughed for Craft, Stand Up Comedy and Craft Beer Night – 7pm 15 June, Glengarry Victoria Park, 118 Wellesley Street, Auckland. Shaking things up for Beer Week, Glengarry Wines and Garage Project are trying something a little different. We've matched beer with food, even with wine and whiskey- but jokes? Garage Project are always testing new material, plus you'll get the best gear from each of our established local comedians. In the wake of their Comedy Fest shows and before Garage Project hits Auckland GABS, it's a marriage between festivals. You may not be spittooning like a wine snob, just try not to spray beer from your nose while some of Auckland's funniest young comedians do their thing.
- The Pirates Are Coming! - 15 June, Uptown Freehouse, 224 Symonds Street, Auckland. Ahoy me hearties! Come join the Pirate Party with a 5 tap takeover from Australia's best brewery, 4 of these beers are in the GABS hottest top 20. Definitely one for the Hop heads we'll be pouring Throwback Session IPA, Hopco NZ Pale, Pale Ale, IPA, IIPA on tap accompanied by Caribbean provisions, palm trees and Pirate flags. A guest appearance by the brewers themselves
- GABS Auckland - 16-17 June, ASB Showgrounds, Auckland
Other events next week
Tiamana & Wild & Woolly (FINAL) Tap Takeover - 15 June, Basque, 8 Courtenay Pl, Wellington. We are very happy (and sad) to announce that we will be hosting the final ever Wild & Woolly tap takeover as Llew plans to go overseas. After they move on from their brewery, Tiamana will be working as a contract brewer so we will be celebrating all things Wild & Woolly and Tiamana!
Festival of Dark Beers - 16-18 June, Twisted Hop, 616 Ferry Rd, Christchurch. This is our popular annual tap takeover of dark beers to coincide with the winter solstice. It is a fantastic opportunity to sample up to 30 delicious dark craft beers under one roof over 3 days.
Smiths NZIPA Competition - 22-24 June, Smiths Craft Beer House, Queenstown. It's back! The second annual Smiths New Zealand India Pale Ale Competition. 20 + of the countries best and brightest stars come back to Queenstown to showcase their one of kind all New Zealand Hopped IPA. The event starts on Thursday the 22nd, we'll open the doors at noon with all 22 beers on tap ready go. The party only starts there. Winner announced Sunday.
5 Years of Gunnamatta - 21 June, Volstead, 55 Riccarton Road, Christchurch. This year Yeastie Boys celebrate 5 years of Gunnamatta. And to help we have five amazing beers on tap - Royal Tannin Bomb - Big Mouth - Pullyu - Pot Kettle Black - Gunnamatta
Beer & BBQ- Sawmill Brewery and Fireworks Smokehouse - 7pm 28th June, Glengarry Victoria Park, 118 Wellesley Street, Auckland. Ain't nothin' like beer and BBQ! We'll have Sawmill running us through a stunning range of their beers, and Fireworks Smokehouse providing the smoked meaty goodness. This will be one to get booked in early as limited tickets are available. Y'all best be fierce quick!
Beer Baroness Beer Dinner - 29 June, Pomeroys, Killmore Street, Christchurch. Get in early for this one folks! Beer Baroness Degustation Dinner. Delicious beers paired with mouth watering dishes served frrom Victoria's Kitchen here at Pomeroy's Old Brewery Inn. Very Limited tickets available. $100 per person and available from the bar now!
Croucher Brewing Relaunch - 30 June, Brothers Beer, 90 Wellesley St West, Auckland. Croucher Brewing have been making good beer for ages, now they're rebranding and bringing out some of their best in brand new bottles.Come down on the 30th to Brothers CWD and Orakei to check out the new designs!We'll have the new bottles of Patriot, ANZUS, Pale, Pilsner and Lowrider in stock plus a few choice kegs on tap.
A Mid-Winter's Ale Festival - Saturday 1 July, Rolleston Community Centre, Christchurch. Showcasing some exciting craft beers and delicious ciders from breweries around Canterbury and the North Island as well as a handpicked selections of beers from overseas. We also have an exciting line up of live entertainment throughout the afternoon plus some awesome food options to match with the amazing line up of beers and ciders. Ticket sales will be available from the 1st of March...
Winter Ales Festival - 22 July, Hunter Lounge, Wellington. We have had an awesome response from local breweries and distributors. We have over 30 beers on the list and it's still growing! Book your tickets here
West Coast IPA Challenge 2017 - 28 July, Malthouse, 48 Courtenay Palce, Wellington
Beervana 2017 - 11-12 August, Westpac Stadium, Wellington
Brewers Guild Conference & Trade Show - Friday 6 October, Christchurch
Brewers Guild Gala Dinner (aka BGONZA Night) - Saturday 7 October, Christchurch
2017 Dunedin Craft Beer & Food Festival - 11 November, Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin. We’re turning five! And you’re invited to come and help us celebrate… Saturday 11th of November we'll be turning on some good old southern charm and welcoming you back for another round of goodtimes. Every year we strive to bring you a bigger, broader and bolshier range of goodies, and this year will be even more special being our fifth birthday. This is the ultimate friends-family-fiends day out - lock it into your calendars.
Delivery Driver, Beertique, Auckland
Beertique is seeking a self-motivated, reliable, energetic Delivery Driver / Warehouse Storeperson to join our small, busy and friendly team. The position will be based in our new Onehunga Warehouse and we are looking for someone who can work full time Monday – Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm. Applications close 21 June.
Sales Professional, McLeod’s Brewery, Waipu, Northland
We are looking for a person to join our team and help us expand our sales and distribution nationwide, with immediate focus on supporting our current customer base and finding new customers.
Credentials: The ideal candidate will possess some if not all of the following:
- A positive out look
- Keen interest in beer
- Basic knowledge about beer (i.e. how it is made and what signifies a quality product)
- 2-3 years hospitality experience or a beverage sales background
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Maintains professional appearance
- Own or lease your own vehicle
- Experience working with Xero
- A willingness to learn and be part of a small team
Job Role includes:
- Work to become head of sales and distribution and our future sales team
- Maintain our current customer base and work with our media person to promote brand awareness
- Take and process orders
- Make occasional deliveries
- Expand our current customer base
- Work with our South Island distributor in expanding South Island sales
- Represent McLeod’s at tap events, as needed and time allows
- Work trade shows and events
- Organise and attend in-store demonstrations
- Some travel
- Report to owners
Compensation is dependent upon experience.
Brewery Assistant, McLeod’s Brewery, Waipu, Northland
No experience necessary, as we’ll teach you the ropes, but the ideal candidate needs a positive 'can do' attitude and an excellent work ethic (i.e. show up to work on time, every day rostered, ready to work).
If you intend to work in our brewery to gain experience and open your own brewery, don't bother applying. We are currently not set up as a training facility. We do, however, want a person who doesn’t mind a job that won’t pay the big bucks (but has potential) in a low-pressure environment. We’re looking for someone who takes instruction well, doesn’t mind cleaning obsessively, is passionate about organisation and attention-to-detail and wants to work with a small team in a small village in Northland NZ. This role includes being part of one of NZ's most exciting up-and-coming breweries. You’ll get a wage, exposure to travel, beer events, beer training, all things beer, as well as lots of free beer and pizza. Kitchen experience a plus.
Job Role includes:
- Brewing process
- General cleaning
- Cleaning kegs
- Cleaning tanks
- Cleaning floors
- Working on the production line during bottling
- Filling kegs
- Picking and fulfilling orders
- Monitoring inventory levels
- Working and attending festivals
- Driving a forklift
You must be:
- Able to lift heavy objects 65kg and under safely
- Physically fit
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Able to legally work in NZ
- Free from addictions to drugs or alcohol
Brewery Warehouse Assistant, Good George, Hamilton
You will be mainly responsible for the efficient daily running of the warehouse around finished stock and raw materials management with a priority on health and safety. You will need to be systems orientated, hardworking, capable of physically demanding work, pay attention to detail and be prepared to do whatever it takes to get the job done. You will be someone who takes pride in presentation and a job well done to the highest of standards every time. You will have a minimum of 2 years previous experience in a warehouse environment, ideally with hands on pick/pack, and dispatch experience in “perishable-fresh” products in a refrigerated environment. You must hold a current full driver’s license, and a forklift license and heavy traffic license would be advantageous! You need to be a practical hands on person with an outstanding work ethic and great communication and decision making skills.
Beer Delivery Driver, Good George, Hamilton
As demand continues to grow for our award winning fresh beer we need another delivery driver to help ensure our customers are never left wanting and thirsty. You will need to have a Class 2 Heavy traffic truck license and be physically fit. Your ability to interact with customers well, and ensure that all of our deliveries arrive on time and in full are essential to success in this role.