Assistant Brewer, Sunshine Brewery, Gisborne
We might be New Zealand’s oldest independent artisan beer producer but we are young at heart. Our recently commissioned brewery is just up from the beach and its Taproom provides a focus for craft beer here in Gisborne. Our Sunrise Project range of beers have collected lots of medals and are increasingly well promoted in bars and liquor stores throughout NZ. We are looking for the person who wants to grow with us and help further Sunshine Brewery’s position as a premium and innovative craft brewer.
What you will be able to display to us is:
- An unquestionable honesty and personal integrity.
- A real love for great craft beer.
- That you are psychically fit and able to undertake heavy work (dragging hoses, lifting kegs etc)
- A willingness to learn and commit to the hard yards of cleaning, sanitation and other roles normally associated with brewery work.
- That you are computer literate and can keep accurate records.
- That you have a clean drivers licence and a current forkhoist licence.
You will learn how to clean (brewing beer is about sanitation), filter and transfer beer, bottle and keg beer and of course brewing beer once you have earned the right. You will become part of the brewery team so will have some customer contact as you may be doing deliveries or some hours in the taproom and eventually hosting customer tours. You will have an exceptional work ethic, a passion for good beer and the ability to communicate the virtues of craft beer. Not many opportunities like this hit the market, so get in and enjoy the glow of success.
Sales Professional - Winery & Breweries, Abbey Winery & Brewery + Mata Beer, Auckland
We are accepting applications for a new sales role. Abbey Winery & Brewery and Aotearoa Breweries (Mata beer) are two growing winery and craft brewery businesses each with 10+ years in the marketplace. We are looking for a person to join our team and expand our sales and distribution in the Auckland region with a focus on increasing our off-premise and on-premise customer base and supporting our current customers.
Manager, Moon, Wellington
Sadly one of our lovely crew is leaving and that means we need a new duty manager to join our small, passionate team. We're looking for someone who either loves craft beer, music or both! We have a diverse and ever changing lineup of beers so being able to discuss them with a familiarity with our patrons is key. We have live music throughout the week hosting international acts, kiwi bands and promoting local talent too. The position is part-time but we can guarantee regular hours (20-30) and a flexible approach to social time as well.
What we need from you is:
*Current managers certificate
*Ability to work nights and weekends
*Craft beer knowledge desired but not necessary, we can get you up to speed!
Multitasking Superstar Octopus, Lumsden Freehouse, Auckland
If you have the capabilities to be a multitasking superstar octopus, the ability to have a laugh with customers and colleagues whilst still focusing on the job in hand (or tentacle), have a solid work ethic that will be rewarded with very decent pay rate and great working conditions, love all things hospitality with a keen beer, wine or spirits focus... Then maybe, just maybe you could be the Cephalopod we are looking for. Send us your CV by email, Facebook DM, racing pigeon or take the old fashioned route and physically drop it in to us.
Duty manager, Roosters Brewery and Eatery, Hastings
Operating for 22 years Roosters is an iconic craft brewery in Hawkes Bay. We too over in January 2017 and have made significant changes to the food and beverage range
Sales Rep, Sunshine Brewery, Auckland-based
We are looking for the person who wants to grow with us and help further Sunshine Brewery's position as a premium and innovative craft brewer in the minds of the licenced trade and consumer alike.
Resident Brewer, Imake, Auckland
It's vital you have enough experience and knowledge of brewing and fermentation science principles to fill a 'keg'. You will understand features and key analytical parameters of the four essential brewing materials: malt, hops, water and yeast. You will have the ability to formulate beer and all grain spirit to produce various styles of beers and craft spirits.
Sales Professional, McLeod’s Brewery, Waipu, Northland
We are looking for a person to join our team and help us expand our sales and distribution nationwide, with immediate focus on supporting our current customer base and finding new customers.
Credentials: The ideal candidate will possess some if not all of the following:
- A positive out look
- Keen interest in beer
- Basic knowledge about beer (i.e. how it is made and what signifies a quality product)
- 2-3 years hospitality experience or a beverage sales background
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Maintains professional appearance
- Own or lease your own vehicle
- Experience working with Xero
- A willingness to learn and be part of a small team
Job Role includes:
- Work to become head of sales and distribution and our future sales team
- Maintain our current customer base and work with our media person to promote brand awareness
- Take and process orders
- Make occasional deliveries
- Expand our current customer base
- Work with our South Island distributor in expanding South Island sales
- Represent McLeod’s at tap events, as needed and time allows
- Work trade shows and events
- Organise and attend in-store demonstrations
- Some travel
- Report to owners
Compensation is dependent upon experience.
Brewery Assistant, McLeod’s Brewery, Waipu, Northland
No experience necessary, as we’ll teach you the ropes, but the ideal candidate needs a positive 'can do' attitude and an excellent work ethic (i.e. show up to work on time, every day rostered, ready to work).
If you intend to work in our brewery to gain experience and open your own brewery, don't bother applying. We are currently not set up as a training facility. We do, however, want a person who doesn’t mind a job that won’t pay the big bucks (but has potential) in a low-pressure environment. We’re looking for someone who takes instruction well, doesn’t mind cleaning obsessively, is passionate about organisation and attention-to-detail and wants to work with a small team in a small village in Northland NZ. This role includes being part of one of NZ's most exciting up-and-coming breweries. You’ll get a wage, exposure to travel, beer events, beer training, all things beer, as well as lots of free beer and pizza. Kitchen experience a plus.
Job Role includes:
- Brewing process
- General cleaning
- Cleaning kegs
- Cleaning tanks
- Cleaning floors
- Working on the production line during bottling
- Filling kegs
- Picking and fulfilling orders
- Monitoring inventory levels
- Working and attending festivals
- Driving a forklift
You must be:
- Able to lift heavy objects 65kg and under safely
- Physically fit
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Able to legally work in NZ
- Free from addictions to drugs or alcohol