Assistant Brewer/Brewer, Steam Brewing, Auckland
Located in Otahuhu, Auckland, Steam Brewing has a history of making New Zealand’s most awarded beers. We currently have a vacancy for an Assistant Brewer/Brewer. Reports to Operations Manager
The successful applicant will be part of a small Brewing team required to produce high quality, award winning beers. You will be expected to work in all Brewery areas, from milling, wort production, fermentation through to Bright beer DE filtration.
This is a hands-on job, involving physical work, so a good level of fitness is required.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate high attention to detail and quality. They will need to have a strong work ethic, be able to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the following attributes and skills.
- Good time management
- A positive attitude and a team player
- Proficient English and good communication skills
- Be health and safety focussed.
- Hygiene and tidiness are paramount.
- Be quality focussed and have a sense of ownership for their job area.
- The ability to deliver under pressure
- Have a love and passion for good quality beer.
- Qualifications in Brewing, Food Technology, Science, Engineering or a related discipline would be advantageous.
- Have previous Brewing Experience
- Experience handling chemicals
- Knowledge of HACCP and GMP
- Have a demonstrated record of getting results and working as a motivated Team player.
- Computer Literate.
- Be willing to learn and upskill yourself through brewing education and attending brewing functions.
This is a full-time position, applicants who have a right to work in New Zealand will only be considered. During peak periods there will be a requirement to work more than 40 hours and you will be required to work shift work and weekend work.