This year 20 lucky homebrewers will win a VIP Beervana package from Cryermalt.
Each winner will receive a Beervana Premier pass and the opportunity to meet commercial brewers visiting New Zealand from Oregon.
“This is great opportunity for any home brewer aspiring to go commercial,” says Cryermalt owner David Cryer. “Home brewing is the engine room driving the craft beer boom. It’s where brewers learn the basics and have the chance to experiment. Many brewers start out as home brewers before becoming commercially successful. It’s the same in the USA and all over the world.”
“Portland Oregon has developed an unofficial sister-beer-city relationship with Wellington and Beervana over the years. We’ve been bringing Oregon brewers to Beervana for three years now, and it’s always exciting to see the exchange of ideas and energy taking place,” David says.
This year’s Oregon Mash Up guests are:
- Eric Munger, Bridgeport Brewing
- Larry Sidor, Crux Fermentation Project
- Stephen Helwig, Base Camp Brewing
- John Harris, Ecliptic Brewing
- Trever Bass, Hop Works Urban Brewery
“I’m particularly excited about this year’s group. Any home brewer thinking of going commercial will jump at the chance to meet these guys individually and pick up invaluable inspiration and information. This is a one-off opportunity and will definitely be the highlight of the winners’ Beervana experience.”
COME TO BEERVANA WITH CRYERMALT
- 20 Premier Tickets to Beervana 2016, valued at $100 each. Premier Tickets include VIP early access to Beervana, $20 pre-loaded on your wristband, and access to the Hospitality Area with refreshments and bag storage. Ten tickets will be won for Session One, Friday 12 August, 10.30-4. Ten tickets will be won for Session Three, Saturday 13 August, 10.30-4.
- Exclusive meet-and-greet with the visiting brewers at Beervana’s Oregon Mash Up, before the public session starts.
- Prize does not include travel or accommodation. Sessions chosen at random, judge’s decision final.
How to win:
- Answer the question, “The biggest hurdle for any home brewer planning on going commercial is…”
- Only one entry per person.
- Winners will be contacted by e-mail during the first week of August.