Assistant Brewer, Sunshine Brewery, Gisborne
Located a couple of minutes walk from the beach in sunny Gisborne, Sunshine Brewery is one of New Zealand’s original craft brewery’s and we continue to score loads of awards for our ever expanding range of beers.
We’ve recently cut back on the surfing days in order to expand and are in need of another assistant brewer. This position will cover all aspects of the brewing process from mashing in to getting the beer into bottles using our brand new GAI bottling line and requires a strong level of commitment, attention to detail and obviously a passion for good beer.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the following skills and attributes.
- Attention to detail
- A good understanding of health and safety procedures
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy, particularly Microsoft Excel
- A strong understanding of the brewing process and different beer styles
- Common sense and a can do attitude
- Be eager to undertake further training and education
- Have NZ residency or a valid NZ work Visa
We are a small dedicated team at Sunshine and it will be absolutely necessary that you fit into our ‘family’, carry your weight and love a good beer or two. For your positive attitude and hard work you will be rewarded in good dollars, good beer and good surf.
Packaging Filler Operator, Steam Brewing, Auckland
Located in Otahuhu, Auckland, Steam Brewing has a history of making New Zealand’s most awarded beers. We currently have a vacancy for a Packaging Filler Operator. Reports to Operations Manager
The Packaging Filler Operator performs day to day functions including operating canning and filling equipment as well as maintaining a clean and orderly packaging area. You will work as part of a team ensuring Production schedules are met while maintaining high quality standards.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate high attention to detail and quality. They will need to have a strong work ethic, be able to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the following attributes and skills.
- Good time management
- A positive attitude and a team player
- Proficient English and good communication skills
- Be health and safety focussed.
- Hygiene and tidiness are paramount.
- Be quality focussed and be able to perform packaging related QA tasks including seam, gas checks and TPO/ DO2 checks.
- Have a sense of ownership for their job area.
- The ability to deliver under pressure
- Responsibility over the movement of beer and beverage to filling equipment, operation of CIP for cleaning of filling equipment.
- Assist other staff as needed to give breaks and fill in at other packaging work stations.
- Have Experience Operating Bottling and canning fillers.
- Experience handling chemicals
- Knowledge of HACCP and GMP
- Have a demonstrated record of getting results and working as a motivated Team player.
- Computer Literate.
- Be willing to learn and upskill yourself through brewing education and attending brewing functions.
- Display a working knowledge of mechanical and automated equipment and capability to troubleshoot and provide information to supervisors to effectively address issues.
This is a full-time position, applicants who have a right to work in New Zealand will only be considered. During peak periods there will be a requirement to work more than 40 hours and you will be required to work shift work and weekend work.