Business Development Manager, BeerNZ, South Island
BEERNZ is New Zealand's leading craft beer (and cider) distributor. We work with 30 of NZ's best breweries, distributing their products throughout the country to wholesalers, retailers, bars/cafes/restaurants and supermarkets.
We have created a new role and are currently looking for a Business Development Manager (for the South Island) who is switched on, can leap tall buildings in a single bound, has an incredible work ethic, is impeccably trustworthy, excels at working in a communicative team environment, can think on their feet, and is smarter than the average bear.
In return, BEERNZ offer an enjoyable work environment, a team who loves a good laugh, plenty of autonomy, scope for development and exceptional perks. We can't stress enough how important the right fit is – we're a small team and as such we're a tight one.
The role involves driving business growth of our brands by developing our customer base throughout the South Island, identifying leads and building relationships with key stakeholders, as well as managing our existing customers, representing BEERNZ and our brands at industry events and participating in marketing and promotions. The role is responsible for developing strong working relationships with on-premise, retail, wholesale and grocery customers.
The ideal candidate will tick ALL of the boxes below:
- At least 3 years experience in a sales role in the beverage, FMCG or hospitality industries;
- Self motivated, highly organized and have proven time management skills;
- Experience with influencing and engaging key figures in customer organisations;
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Experience implementing and working towards a call cycle;
- Proficient in MS Office (with a focus on Excel) and MYOB;
- Ability and willingness to travel within the assigned territory;
- An understanding or knowledge of craft beer would be an advantage
- The determination to ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to; and
- A desire to get it right first time.
Still reading? Believe you have all of the above and more? Fancy a job in an exciting and developing industry? Prepared to work hard? Then demonstrate your Sales Superhero expertise by applying online.
Brewery Assistant, Hallertau, Auckland
Bottling & Packaging Supervisor, Hallertau, Auckland
Beervana Manager, Wellington
The Wellington Culinary Events Trust (WCET), the organisation that brings your Visa Wellington On a Plate (Visa WOAP), also runs Beervana and the Road to Beervana (RTB) and we are after an event management gun to help us manage this well-established event with precision, energy and enthusiasm.
Reporting to the Chief Executive of the WCET your role will be to manage the full gambit of Beervana including overseeing the event management and logistics contractors, assisting with the coordination of the venue, breweries and international guests. You will work closely with our sponsorship and marketing staff to assist with the coordination of sponsors and partners as well as contribute to our marketing, public relations and digital promotional activities. You will also have great relationships with the craft beer sector in New Zealand so that you can hit the ground running. Basically, you need to be tops.
You won’t be camera shy as from time-to-time you will be needed to talk to the media about Beervana and you will work to deliver on Beervana’s obligations to sponsors and external funders. You are not going to be scared to get your hands dirty (i.e. carry boxes) and you will work with the WCET to continue to make Beervana the best damn craft beer celebration in New Zealand.
If this sounds like you, contact us. We're keen to speak to you if fit the above AND have:
- At least four years' experience and a proven track record of success and achievement in an event management position.
- A demonstrated ability to manage events, to express a vision with enthusiasm and commitment, to inspire confidence and elicit support from stakeholders and colleague
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain a close-knit relationship with partners that result in benefits to your organisation
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise with people at all levels in the business sector
- A comprehensive knowledge of the brewing and culinary industry and the marketing of beer
- Established relationships in the brewing industry here in New Zealand and internationally, would be advantageous
- A passion for Wellington and our superb culture of hospitality.
For a copy of the job description please visit https://www.visawoap.com/about-us
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Assistant Brewer, Wanaka Beerworks, Wanaka
Wanaka Beerworks is the local Wanaka craft brewery coming up 20 years! We are a small but busy, family owned brewery who produce several styles of beer and are always striving for perfection within our next batch.
We are looking for an assistant brewer to join our team. This role would suit someone who has some prior brewing knowledge, particularly around the basics of the brewing process.
The successful applicant should:
- Have a passion for brewing
- Be able to operate the brew house
- Contribute to the planning and execution of all brew house tasks including filtering and operating the packaging machinery.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to self-manage
- Be computer literate
- Work as part of a small team
- Have a full drivers license to do local deliveries
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa
Head Brewer, Sweatshop Brew Kitchen, Auckland
Sweat Shop Brew Kitchen brews some of the best craft beer in Auckland. Our goal is to provide our fellow beer drinkers with superior quality, hand crafted beer made from only the finest of ingredients. With each sip from any of our standard or rotating taps, you’ll be able to taste the difference that premium hops and malts combined with our cultured yeast strains truly makes.
Our philosophy is based on a founding principle to create more than the best beer experience for our guests. Sweat Shop is made and run by locals. That’s why we have made it our mission to provide Auckland with the essential mix of great craft beer made in-house, a fully stocked bar, a lively restaurant and hours of entertainment throughout multiple great spaces.